Tuesday 14 January 2014

The cutting of space. Blue and White Composition, Jan 2014. Acrylics on canvas, 40.5cm x 50.7cm

Some of the work that doesn't quite make it in my eyes often create a perfect ground for new work. I have spoken about this earlier on my blog, and there is a particular satisfaction in "burying" a painting and see a brand new one "grow" from its shallow grave. Life and death in a never ending ring-dance through time. We start new projects all the time, but we can never quite escape our past. We might as well make it work for us. I had thought a lot about blue, different combinations of blue and decided to use it with white, which is a colour I use a lot. I set to work on texture and the cutting of space, working with the proportions of the areas to achieve the balance I was looking for. The slow build-up of layers by the help of the metal scraper is how I work in the majority of cases, and on top of old textures the results can never quite be predicted. For enquiries about this work, please contact Panzer Trotman Fine Art Gallery on www.ptfineart.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment